Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Guerilla Tactics to Get Your Child to Love Reading

My niece recently posted on Facebook that something had clicked with her third grader and suddenly he is excited about reading . One of the series that interests him is the Encyclopedia Brown books. Those were my son’s favorite books in third grade, too.

Encyclopedia Brown EB Lends A Hand

This got me thinking about an Imagination Soup post from last year. Melissa Taylor’s goal was for her children to  LOVE to read and the book itself was the reward. This is a goal I agree with completely and the some of the strategies she outlines worked for me with my children and grandchildren. She also explains the Five Finger Rule for finding “just right” books for beginning readers. You can find her post at Imagination Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment