Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 Caldecott Medal and Honor Awards

This morning, in Seattle, The American Library Association announced its 2013 youth media award winners. The 2013 Caldecott Medal winner for “the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children”  is This Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen. Last year he won a Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor award for I Want My Hat Back.

This is not my hat Caldecott medal

This is Jon Klassen’s year because Extra Yarn, a book he illustrated was given a Caldecott Honor. The author is Mac Barnett.

Extra Yarn  The other Caldecott Honor winners are Creepy Carrots written by Aaron Reynolds and illustrated by Peter Brown; Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger;  One Cool Friend written by  Toni Buzzeo and illustrated by David Small and Sleep Like A Tiger by Mary Logue and illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski.

CreepyCarrots1 Green

One Cool Friend

Sleep Like A Tiger

Extra Yarn is the only book reviewed on this blog. As I gather the medal and honor books, I’ll be posting reviews and checking the libraries for availability. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment