Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Theodor Seuss Geisel Medal and Honors

The Medal winner for 2014 is The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli. Quite an auspicious start for the first time picture book author and illustrator.

 The Watermelon Seed

The Honors were awarded to Ball by Mary Sullivan. Dog books are always a favorite in my family.

ball_mary_sullivan

A Big Guy Took My Ball by Mo Willems who seems to have an honor reserved for him every year.

A Big Guy Took My Ball

And Penny and Her Marble by Kevin Henkes whose name you might remember for receiving a 2014  Newbery Honor for The Year of Billy Miller.

Penny and Her Marble

There is a wonderful video on Kevin Henkes website about how he writes and illustrates. For a relatively young man he is old school.

Reviews will be forthcoming as soon as I can swipe a couple of these books from my grandchildren or find them in a bookstore or the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment