Saturday, January 25, 2014

More Caldecott Contenders

No one really know what books the Caldecott committee is considering. It is all speculation. Some of the books we have looked at this year keep popping up on mock Caldecott lists. Exclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld is one of my favorites. I’ve used it often with the students I tutor and they like it too (especially the questions and exclamations). Another one frequently on the lists is On a Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein by Jennifer Berne. The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers has gotten a fair share of attention. As I have mentioned before, Locomotive by Brian Floca is my favorite. Again, we’ll see what the committee picks on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment